Popular Posts

No one person can ever experience all that life has to offer. It is only through sharing - experiences, feelings, insights - that we can hope to grow beyond our own meager lifetime. Are you ready to grow today?

Wednesday 22 December 2010

A Stranger Within

You were just like any other stranger
Stepped into my life just to go away one day
We talked about books, music and the rivers
Shared moments (nostalgic) as you would call it
But somehow, you were always a stranger within

We fought, we laughed and “I” cried
Closer we got with what I thought was “similarities”
Tried to put aside the few differences we had
We moved on, together (or not)
But somehow you were always a stranger within

I asked “what you want from me?”
You never did give me an answer to it
Questions we had plenty but answer we had none
We decided not to look for answers, let them show on their own
But somehow you were always a stranger within

I fell in love; thought love was to stay forever this time
You said you were in love too
Hell! It was easy for you to walk out on love
Who do I blame? My love or the stranger
Somehow you were always a stranger within

Tonight I hold whiskey, and a broken heart
I wait for the stranger who broke my heart
“Ok and who ever you are?”
Were the words that broke me forever, your last words to me. Because…
Somehow you were always a stranger within!

No comments:

Post a Comment