Popular Posts

No one person can ever experience all that life has to offer. It is only through sharing - experiences, feelings, insights - that we can hope to grow beyond our own meager lifetime. Are you ready to grow today?

Friday 21 October 2011

The morning bird

The little bird chirrups on my window sill
It sings song of sorrows
Followed by songs of wisdom
I open an eye
The sun shines brightly
And through the curtains
I let the rays fall on my face
The bird goes on singing
I get out of bed
Drag myself to the window
Slowly
Keeping my eye focused on the little bird
I bend down to take a closer look
And finally
I slam the window
Tearing the bird into two
"Shut the fuck up, you are messing up my sleep"
I yell at the dead bird
And then fall into a deep sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment